FIGU in a Nutshell / FIGU INFO / Free Download
FIGU in a Nutshell
1. We are a non-profit, tax-paying organization established under the name "Free Community of Interests Universal" upon statutes in accordance with ZGB Article 60 ff, and we publish an official, annual financial report.
2. We do not believe in one god as the creator of the Universe and all life therein, nor do we believe in any messengers of some god, angels, saints or any other higher beings that would determine the fate of the world and all life, including that of human beings. Nor do we belong to any religious denomination.
3. We only accept Creation as the highest form of all energy, might and existence. As the Universal Consciousness, it is the existence of all Universal existence and an inherent element of the all-encompassing block of the Absolute Absolutum.
4. We pray neither to Creation nor to any other entities or things. Prayers are only directed on an equal level to the spirit and Creation -- but not in worship. Creation neither seeks being prayed to nor does it require prayers, although invocations may be directed toward Creation should a person so desire. Such an invocation must never be performed in a worshipful manner, for Creation does not require worship in a religious-cult-like manner. The individual, however, is free to honor and respect Creation in a prayer-like form. If a prayer is performed, it is not to be executed in a submissive manner but in a way that indicates respect or certitude. This also applies when a prayer is directed to one's own spirit, which, of course, is a fragment of Creation. A prayer must never be executed in a pleading or submissive manner but with certitude and free from any servility. One must be conscious always of one's own responsibility toward one's own self and toward others in every aspect of life.
5. We do not claim to be all-knowing, nor are we cognizant of Creation's and life's every secret. This ultimate knowledge and total wisdom rest with Creation alone, respectively its spirit and its laws and directives.
6. We do not have a master, godly individual, exalted being, illuminati, guru or god-sent person whom we revere or venerate. We only have a teacher who instructs us in elements of the spirit, forms of consciousness and all matters of life and the psyche, Creation, the Absolute Absolutum and the Creational laws and recommendations, to mention but a few. This teacher is not and shall not be elevated above other persons, for he is no more and no less than other human beings. As such, he is appropriately respected but not idolized or thought of as a saint. He is a normal person and absolutely equal to everyone in all matters, as it should be with any other human being -- no more and no less. This illustrates that the teaching element within the FIGU community stems from a person who is a very normal member like all of the others, and who is without a higher or better position.
7. We do not have a "local apostle" or anyone who functions as a representative of some god, holiness or of Creation. Each human being is fully responsible for all of his/her actions, activities and life -- without having a god, holiness or Creation standing over him/her telling him/her what is good or evil, respectively what is right or wrong or negative and positive.
8. We do not perform any "holy sealing" ceremonies and distance ourselves, therefore, from the blessings ("God wants it this way") of a religious-cultlike nature.
9. We do not perform any baptism ("driving out the devil").
10. We do not celebrate masses or Eucharistic ceremonies (which, according to the Christian religion, must only be received by those who have been "sealed" or confirmed = blessed).
11. We do not have any dogmas or doctrines, and we do not live by any.
12. We do not teach salvation from sins but, instead, we do teach that each and every human being must live within his or her personal responsibility and for self-responsibility, and observe the Creative-natural laws and recommendations.
13. We reject religious-cultlike false teaching about sin and absolution because an integral part of evolution is that human beings do have faults. Hence, each person must continuously learn throughout his or her life. We learn through our mistakes, however, and the mistakes must be recognized and eliminated, thus generate advancement. It is therefore erroneous to believe that mistakes (sins) committed must be assuaged through some punishment (absolution), whether it is in this or some other life (= judgment of God/Karma, etc.). (Transgressions against the law are not simple errors, but are punishable actions according to human laws.)
14. We are not a cult or a religious sect. We neither possess a missionizing consciousness nor are we accustomed to a consciousness-based (spiritual) narrow-mindedness within our ranks, nor are we caught up in fanaticism.
15. We tolerate all secular or religious views or belief systems -- but this does not mean we must align ourselves with them. Within FIGU there exist no religious, cultlike thinking or belief systems, and we do not perform cult-religious rituals.
16. Instead of prayers we hold meditations, and this indicates that prayers are directed toward one's own spirit or toward Creation; such prayers are nothing other than meditation.
17. We do not oppose official agencies and the government, and we do not reject serving in the military for...[article continues with this link]